Tuesday 23 February 2016

Plaguebearers part 5

I’ve managed to get a fair amount of painting time under my belt this last week and, as a result, I’ve finished off the third Plaguebearer. It feels good to see another completed mini so soon after re-starting the project, but I think I’ll have to take another look at the Plaguebearers once they are all painted. I’ve a feeling that they will need some final retouching and finesse to pull them together as a finished unit.


I’ve also made a start on the champion. I’m trying a darker base colour for this mini, compared to the others, and I think it cuts down a little on the shading work. The only drawback is that I misjudged the colour. I think I would have had an easier time if the green had been slightly yellower and more desaturated. Having said that, once I got my head around the problem, things went a lot more smoothly. It’s early days but, so far, so good.

3 comments:

  1. The champion looks amazing so far. The red and green works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the Plague Bearers! Thank you so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing work, I've just found your blog and its answered so many questions I've had for years!!

    ReplyDelete