Sunday 20 May 2012

Mummy Mania - the finished base.

For the time being the Tomb King base is finished! Once the King is finished I may add a few more details to finish off the piece but I will wait and see how things work out as I pull it all together.



I've also started work on the King and he will soon be ready for some paint. The conversion work is nothing too radical. I wanted to give him longer legs (I think the original legs looked a bit squat!) and a taller crown. These changes make him slightly bigger, more regal and I think more menacing. I've also replaced the pointing hand with one holding a papyrus scroll. Inscribed, no doubt, with a spell for raising up his undead legions!




I've been asked a few times if I'll be entering this piece into the Golden Demon's.  That won't be possible as it uses a few non GW elements. I only started this piece as a bit of fun after my Egyptian holiday and to give myself a break from the (never ending) Dark Eldar project. It's turning out far better than I'd expected  and It's rather nice to work on something where I can see an end to it in a matter of months rather than years!

3 comments:

  1. That base is utterly brilliant!

    I will say though, that there's something a wee bit comical about the leg position on the king...

    Reminds me of Mako's capering as the wizard in Conan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! the base is awesome man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic. I love the spiderwebs. Can't wait to see what you do with the tomb king.

    I think the beetles might be a bit too bright, but we'll see how it looks once the tomb king is painted.

    ReplyDelete